Freelance Teacher of English for Primary and Secondary Students
We are looking for freelance teachers to work with our academic and teaching teams in the delivery of lessons and services in Wroclaw. You will have a keen interest in working with young learners as demonstrated through your current or past studies and experience, and a desire to work with a global leader in English teaching with access to professionally recognised training.
|Salary||Hourly rate, depending on location, qualifications and experience|
|Duration||Academic year: September – July|
|Working hours||Hourly based: Monday – Friday timetable|
|Closing date||Friday 06 September 2019|
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs, by actively working as a member of the teaching team.
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards and assist in delivery of excellent customer service.
- Actively engage in professional development to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning, maintain the British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practices.
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with our policies Child Protection, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Safety and Security.
Skills & knowledge: Teaching Skills (level 1 = essential) including Classroom management, Course and lesson planning, Subject knowledge, Understanding your learners, Learning technologies.
Experience: 2 years’ post-certificate (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL) experience
|Experience in teaching at least three of following:|
|Primary Young Learners: 6 to 7 years old (800+ hours)||
Young Learners aged 6 or younger (250+ hours)
|Primary Learners: 8 to 10 years old (800+ hours)||Experience in more/all of the age groups (800+ hours)|
|Secondary Learners: 11 to 14 years old (800+ hours)|
|Secondary Learners: 15 to 17 years old (800+ hours)|
|Adults General English (800+ hours teaching class sizes of 4 or more.
Please note; 1 to 1 tuition will not be considered as relevant teaching experience)
- First Degree (or equivalent)
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL (Core) or PGCE /B.Ed in Primary or relevant subject
- High proficiency in English i.e. CEFR level of C2/ IELTS Band 8+ in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- CELTYL / YL extension / TYLEC or equivalent
- Recognised diploma in EFL i.e. DELTA/Dip TEFL/TESOL (Higher)
- MA TEFL (or equivalent)
A freelance teacher will be given one or more classes. The teacher must be able to cover the full term teaching schedule for this / these classes. For example, a class every Saturday at 9.00–12.15 for the full sixteen week term. There will also be stand-by and long term cover work available with the possibility of work in the summer.
How to apply
To apply, please send us the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org in English by Friday 6 September 2019.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the EU. We are unable to secure work permits for non-EU nationals.
All applicants need to a DBS check or relevant police check from their home country.
Applicants will be employed as outside contractors. Therefore, they must be established as self-employed prior to post.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989