World leading education
The UK welcomes over 400,000 international higher education students each year, and it’s easy to see why.
Sitting at the top of the world rankings, UK universities have a reputation for developing the skills that employers are looking for. It's not only about attending lectures - you will actively engage with your tutors through lively seminars, discussions and practical projects. This will help you develop critical thinking, creativity and confidence.
Alongside benefiting from the academic tradition of some of the world’s most famous universities, you will have access to the latest facilities due to the UK’s reputation for world-class research. UK education will also help you develop your English skills and confidence in speaking the language, an attribute that is highly valued by employers worldwide.
UK student life
Whatever aspirations bring you here, and whether you study at undergraduate or postgraduate level, boarding school or further education college, you will learn in a safe, multicultural environment. You will be supported while you study as all UK institutions have extensive student support and welfare services you can call on. There’s also a cultural adventure on offer, from music festivals and football matches to ancient castles and vibrant nightlife.
Value for money
With costs lower than in Australia and the USA and courses starting from three years, you can enjoy a life-changing student experience safe in the knowledge that you are getting good value for money.
Apply for a student visa
- Download a UK government guide to visas and the UK’s points-based immigration system for EU students
- Sign up to the UK government immigration mailing list
- Information on visas and English language courses from English UK
Staying up to date
- Check the official information for EU citizens in the UK on the Government website
- Follow latest news for university students on Twitter @studyUKBritish
- Follow Erasmus news on Erasmus+ website oraz Twitter @EUErasmusPlus
Here's more information on what to prepare for a student visa if you’re from the EU.
Get the latest advice.