English skills for success
Our Secondary Plus course gives teenagers the necessary skills to be able to communicate freely in English as a second language. Help your child improve with us their ability to communicate in English, necessary on a daily basis and prepare effectively for exams. Let your children take advantage of the opportunities and make their dreams come true.
Our Secondary Plus English course, developed by our team of English experts, will teach you the skills to build your confidence and help you reach your full potential.
|Start in September||Classes once or twice a week|
|Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw||12-14 or 15-17 years old|
Price: starting from 3680 PLN for Wroclaw, from 3950 PLN for Krakow and from 5650 PLN for Warsaw.
The amount can be paid in two installments.
Duration: 32 weeks
Levels: from Pre-Intermediate to Proficiency (A2–C2)
Our standard General English course is delivered over 124 hours.
Explore options and timetables in your city:
For 12–14 years old:
For 15–17 year old:
Build skills and confidence in English
Teenagers can be themselves in our inclusive learning environment. Our English courses encourage them to:
- learn English as a second language and become assertive, independent and culturally aware global citizens
- express their opinions openly, helping them to gain confidence in speaking English
- work on practical and challenging tasks that encourage self-expression and creative thinking
- collaborate in team tasks alongside classmates with a similar language level and age.
What parents need to know
How is the course delivered?
Expert teachers guide and support each student and use modern learning methods, getting students ready to use English in the real world, in university and in the workplace.
In our English language classes for teens, learners:
- participate in engaging, interactive activities
- enjoy stimulating speaking classes
- develop language skills with guidance from a qualified English teacher.
What are the learning principles?
During the course, your teen will:
- practise skills for success in school exams and at international universities
- build teamwork and leadership skills by working collaboratively with classmates
- develop their creativity and connect with learners from other cultures.
How is progress assessed?
At the British Council, we listen to your feedback because we want our learners to have a better learning experience. We provide regular feedback on your child’s progress, along with certificates of attendance and reports on their language skills.
- Formal and informal assessments are part of the course programme.
- Personalised online dashboards help you track progress together with your child.
We will show you your child’s progress throughout the academic year in a report with information about:
- the magazines and the projects that your child has studied
- an assessment of the project part based on international CEFR standards
- a graph showing you their progress throughout the assessed period.
The learning hub and your child’s progress
Our learning hub is a secure online platform that helps your child study independently and at their own pace, before and after class. This means class time is focused on improving their English-speaking and productive skills. Children can enjoy extra activities guided by their teacher, and parents can access data on progress. Find out more in our Parent centre.