For the 4th consecutive year, we are working in partnership with Onassis Stegi to explore the issue of the circular economy in the fields of design, fashion, architecture, entrepreneurship and city interventions through the lens of waste recovery.
How can we rethink and, more importantly, redesign our world so that we can have environmental justice, produce and use sustainable technologies, and develop the resilience that our era demands?
At an event that includes participants from all over the world, interactive face-to-face and digital workshops, and synergies with organisations, companies and collectives from Greece and abroad, we will establish the basic parameters of the issue and seek applied and applicable best practices in our daily lives.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Seth and Akil Scaffe Smith, Directors of RESOLVE Collective
• Jane Withers, Design consultant, Curator and Writer
• Dr Naho Mirumachi, Associate Professor in Environmental Politics at King’s College London
• Karishma Rafferty, Festival Programme Manager, Kew Gardens
• Monish Siripurapu, Founder of Ant Studio
• Vicky Barboka, Food Officer, WWF Greece
• Eleni Svoronou, Environmental Education Officer, WWF Greece
• Elissa Brunato, Co-founder AusBlau Studio
• Katerina Zachou, Associate Curator at Biennale of Western Balkans
• Apostolos Korkolis, Quality Control Lab Manager, Polyeco S.A.
• Christiana Vardakou, Textile Designer
• Eva Grigoriadou, Head of Research and Educational Programmes, Urbana
• Mara Angelidou, Director, InCommOn
• Eleni Myrivili, Consultant on Resilience and Climate Change for the City of Athens and Arsht-Rock Resilience Center (Atlantic Council)
Participation in the conference is free following online registration.
Registration for the workshops will open on Monday 21 February 2022.
Co-organiser: Onassis Stegi
Partners: British Embassy in Athens, Polyeco Contemporary Art Initiative (PCAI)