FameLab – 6th edition
The semi-final of the 6th edition of the FameLab Poland will be held at the Copernicus Science Centre on 25 February 2017. It will be attended by 25 scientists who successfully passed the pre-selection stage. Among them are biologists, physicists, mathematicians (finally!), and many other researchers who seamlessly combine different fields of research, eg. law and IT. Join us there!
FameLab Poland is the Polish edition of an international competition for scientists licensed by Cheltenham Science Festival. In Poland, it is organised by the British Council together with Copernicus Science Centre. FameLab is an exciting competition designed to inspire and motivate young scientists and engineers to actively engage with the public and stakeholders.
The task is to present a topic of one’s choice within three minutes and to impress the judges. The winner is the one who gives the most entertaining and original talk that is both scientifically accurate and engaging to a non-scientific audience.
- Members of the jury: prof. Jerzy Bralczyk, prof. Magdalena Fikus, dr hab. Piotr Sułkowski and Irena Cieślińska.
- Moderator: Jan Wróbel
- Date: 25 February 2017, 13.00–19.30
- Venue: Copernicus Science Centre, central entrance to the building, 1st floor (conference room)
- Tickets: Admission is free, you can enter at any time.
- The order of presentations will be posted on Facebook after 11.30 on the day of the event.
- Language: The event will be held in Polish, no translation will be provided.