British Council and Foundation for Social and Economic Initiatives (FISE) invite you to participate in a training series addressed at local leaders from the three districts (powiat) near Warsaw: Sochaczew, Grodzisk Mazowiecki and Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki. The training methodology is based on Active Citizens for Social Enterprise – an innovative British Council professional development programme. The main goal is to provide local leaders with new tools to foster their own development and initiate changes in their communities.
The training will address some of the vital issues like:
- how to use social economy tools when working for my community,
- how to combine social activism with business activity,
- how to engage those at risk of social exclusion in developing solutions for a local community,
- how to benefit from the offer of social enterprises.
We also offer:
- support in developing an idea for a social action project,
- long-term support of Social Economy Support Centre (OWES), including possibility to apply for funding to run a social enterprise,
- collaboration and networking opportunities for local organisations.
Who is the programme for:
- representatives of NGOs based in Sochaczew, Grodzisk Mazowiecki and Nowy Dwór districts,
- initiative groups and representatives of local communities,
- representatives of local government, social welfare and job centres.
The course will be delivered in three parts:
- Part 1: Local community leaders,
- Part 2: Social economy tools,
- Part 3: Social action projects planning.
Where and when:
- Sochaczew: 24 February 2017, 02 March 2017, 09 March 2017,
- Grodzisk Mazowiecki / Milanówek: 16 March 2017, 23 March 2017, 30 March 2017,
- Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki: 5 April 2017, 12 April 2017, 19 April 2017.
The programme is free of charge. Catering will be provided. After completion of the training, participants will receive certificates and access to thematic publications.
If you are interested in taking part in the programme, please complete the application form. Any questions can be directed to Zuzanna Naruszewicz (email@example.com; 22 622 01 91). For more information about Foundation for Social and Economic Initiatives (FISE) and Social Economy Support Centre go to the website: www.owes.warszawa.pl.