You can book your IELTS test with us online.
Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID:
- original and valid passport or national national ID card if you are a EU citizen
- original and valid passport only if you are a non-EU candidate or you are applying for IELTS for UKVI or IELTS Life Skills
Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
2. Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
3. Pay for your test. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- via bank transfer
- in person by payment card at the customer service desk in our Warsaw and Krakow British Council offices
Please use the bank details below in order to make the payment:
Bank account no: 68 1030 1061 0000 0000 3018 9000
Bank name: Bank Handlowy S. A., II O/Warszawa
Bank owner: Fundacja British Council
Bank owner address: ul. Koszykowa 54, 00-675 Warszawa
In the Reference section of your payment please write: [your individual registration Reference Number/ Candidate’s Full Name e.g. PL002-70926-00130 – PETER SMITH]
Please note that in making payments from outside Poland precede the bank account number with the letters PL and the SWIFT code CITIPLPX.
IMPORTANT! Please pay the required exam fee no later than five calendar days after registering for the test, where the first day is the day of registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive the payment within five calendar days, your application will be cancelled.
IELTS test date confirmation
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
About 7 days before the test date we will send you a confirmation email with the start time of your test and the venue addresses.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 days window before or 1 day after your main test day. Please note that the speaking test in Poland is usually organised one or two days before the written part.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.