Disability Arts International is an English-language website and regular newsletter commissioned by the British Council. It features artists, projects and best practice from around the world. The website is aimed at an audience of arts professionals who want to present and celebrate the work of Deaf and disabled artists, and at arts professionals who want to know how to improve the accessibility of their artistic projects, venues, festivals and organisations.
The site includes:
- Profiles of disabled artists and disabled-led companies: listing their current productions and artworks which are ready for international presentation and touring
- Insights into major international collaborations between disabled artists and organisations
- Case studies of arts organisations which are best practice examples of accessible arts institutions and events
- Opinion articles
- Research about the major disability arts festivals and showcases
- Research into different national cultural ecosystems and how they support disabled artists and audiences
- Toolkits to support arts professionals to instigate change
Apply for a profile if you are a disabled artist or disabled-led company.