CELTA: dates, fees and how to apply
About the course and how to apply
If you are looking for an internationally recognised teaching qualification, we have the course that is right for you.
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is an introductory course for candidates who have little or no previous English language teaching experience. It may also be suitable for candidates with some experience but little previous training.
Our CELTA courses are validated by, and certificates are issued and awarded by the Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge.
This teacher training course aims at providing a solid, practical foundation for teaching, classroom management skills and a range of effective English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructional techniques. Candidates who complete the course can successfully begin working in a variety of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) teaching contexts around the world. You can read about one of our candidates experiences of CELTA here.
THE COURSE ENABLES YOU TO:
- acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- demonstrate your ability to apply your learning in a real teaching context
Teaching practice starts from day two of the course and as a course participant, you will have the opportunity to observe experienced teachers at work and you will be given formal written assignments. The course emphasises a student-centred approach and requires extensive, supervised teaching practice in actual classes with adult learners at different levels.
- be at least 18 (It is generally recommended that candidates should be aged 20 or over)
- have a good awareness of language and an advanced competence in both written and spoken English
- have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete successfully the teaching practice and written assignments.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the application form and the pre-interview task from downloads section below.
- For CELTA courses in Krakow please download and complete the Krakow application form.
- For CELTA courses in Warsaw please download and complete the Warsaw application form.
Complete the application form and the pre-interview task. Send them to us by e-mail CELTA@britishcouncil.pl or fax + 48 12 428 59 40.
If your application has been successful, you will be interviewed by one of the tutors, either in person or by telephone.
If your interview has been successful, you will be offered a place on the course. To secure your place, you will be required to pay a deposit. The balance is due before the start of the course.
Where is this course taught?
Dates and fees
The course fee includes:
- Tuition by fully certified and experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors
- Cambridge English Language Assessment fee (currently £132 per person)
- All course materials
Upon successful interview, to secure your place on the course, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of 1500 PLN.
Please note that in order to qualify for an early payment, payment of the fee must be concluded a minimum of 5 working weeks before the course start date.
|Course dates||Early payment fee||Standard fee|
|6 March 2017–3 June 2017
online part-time blended course
|learn more about CELTA online courses|
|13 March–7 April 2017||special offer: 4780 PLN / £940*|
|18 April–19 May 2017
|5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|24 May–22 June 2017||special offer: 4780 PLN / £940*|
|3–28 July 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|7 August–1 September 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|4–29 September 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|2–27 October 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|30 October–24 November 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
|27 November–22 December 2017||5130 PLN / £984*||5400 PLN / £1036*|
* The Polish Zloty figure [PLN] is fixed, and the British Pound figure [£] varies, based on the current exchange rate.
|Course dates||Course Format||Course fee|
|26 June – 21 July
|24 July – 18 August
|21 August – 15 September
27 October – 30 March 2018
Fridays only ***
** No classes on Tuesday 15th August
*** No classes on Friday 22nd December or 29th December. There will be classes on Friday 5th January.