About this course
If you are looking for an internationally recognised teaching qualification, we have the course that is right for you.
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is an introductory course for candidates who have little or no previous English language teaching experience. It may also be suitable for candidates with some experience but little previous training.
Our CELTA courses are validated by, and certificates are issued and awarded by the Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge.
This teacher training course aims at providing a solid, practical foundation for teaching, classroom management skills and a range of effective English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructional techniques. Candidates who complete the course can successfully begin working in a variety of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) teaching contexts around the world. You can read about one of our candidates experiences of CELTA here.
The course enables you to:
- acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- demonstrate your ability to apply your learning in a real teaching context
Teaching practice starts from day two of the course and as a course participant, you will have the opportunity to observe experienced teachers at work and you will be given formal written assignments. The course emphasises a student-centred approach and requires extensive, supervised teaching practice in actual classes with adult learners at different levels.
- be at least 18 (It is generally recommended that candidates should be aged 20 or over)
- have a good awareness of language and an advanced competence in both written and spoken English
- have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete successfully the teaching practice and written assignments