About this course
If you're looking for a flexible way of gaining teaching qualifications, the Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Online course is right for you. This teacher training course combines online self-study and live teaching practice. The course follows the same syllabus and leads to the same international qualification as the face-to-face course.
- As a trainee, you will be assigned an online tutor who will facilitate your work and provide feedback.
- You will be provided with an engaging learning experience, including interactive tasks, guided video observations and forum discussions.
- You will be working independently or in groups with tutor support, evaluation and comments.
- As a trainee, you will complete six hours of assessed teaching practice in a classroom, conducted in small groups.
- You will teach learners at a minimum of two different levels, one of which will be lower than intermediate and the other intermediate level or higher.
- After teaching practice session, an experienced CELTA tutor will provide you with feedback and discuss your next lessons.
- As a part of the course, you will also observe experienced teachers teaching classes of adults and watch other course participants teach their classes.
course content covers:
- Learners and teachers, teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Along with the online tasks, you will complete four written assignments on:
- Adult learners and learning contexts
- The language system of English
- Language skills
- Reflection on classroom teaching
Where is this course taught?
How to apply
Download the application form and pre-interview task from the downloads section below.
Having completed the application form and pre-interview task, please email them to us.
If your application has been successful, you will be interviewed by one of the CELTA trainers, either in person or by telephone.
If your interview has been successful, you will be offered a place on the course. To secure your place on the course, you will be required to pay a deposit. The balance is due before the start of the course.
Dates and fees
The Online CELTA course lasts thirteen weeks
Week 1 starts Monday, 6 March 2017
Candidates will be required to visit the centre on the following days for Teaching Practice classes (all Saturdays): 13 weeks
6-11, 13-18, 20-25, 27-1 (April)
3-8, 10-15, 17-22, 24-29
1-6, 8-13, 15-20, 22-27, 29-3 (June)
TP dates (all Saturdays)
March- 18, 25
April- 1, 8
May- 13, 20, 17
Upon a successful interview, to secure your place on the course, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of 1500 PLN.