About this course
If you're looking for a flexible way of gaining teaching qualifications, the Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Online course is right for you. This teacher training course combines online self-study and live teaching practice. The course follows the same syllabus and leads to the same international qualification as the face-to-face course.
- As a trainee, you will be assigned an online tutor who will facilitate your work and provide feedback.
- You will be provided with an engaging learning experience, including interactive tasks, guided video observations and forum discussions.
- You will be working independently or in groups with tutor support, evaluation and comments.
- As a trainee, you will complete six hours of assessed teaching practice in a classroom, conducted in small groups.
- You will teach learners at a minimum of two different levels, one of which will be lower than intermediate and the other intermediate level or higher.
- After teaching practice session, an experienced CELTA tutor will provide you with feedback and discuss your next lessons.
- As a part of the course, you will also observe experienced teachers teaching classes of adults and watch other course participants teach their classes.
course content covers:
- Learners and teachers, teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Along with the online tasks, you will complete four written assignments on:
- Adult learners and learning contexts
- The language system of English
- Language skills
- Reflection on classroom teaching